A massive "THANK YOU" from Hub City Outreach Center to YOU
for your attendance at Atl'do Farms!
Red Ribbon Week 2020 is October 24th - 31st
Red Ribbon Week Corn Maze Questions:
1) At what age does your brain typically fully develop?
A) (TURN RIGHT) Male: 21, Female:18
(Because girls’ rule, boys drool.)
B) (TURN LEFT) Male:25, Female: 21
(According to the National Institute of Mental Health- Brain cells are XX that females are already born with, which means the brain development has been enhanced since birth.)
2) According to the Texas College Survey (2017) what percentage of college students participate in risky or heavy drinking:
A) (TURN RIGHT) 52% of males and 56% of females
B) (TURN LEFT) 37% of males and 34% of females
3) What percentage of high school seniors in our area reported that they have tried alcohol at a party?
A) (TURN RIGHT) 87%
(According to Wikipedia.org it is normal to drink at high school parties.)
B) (TURN LEFT) 58.5%
(According to National Center for Drug Abuse, it is easier to access from family and peers.)
4) In 2018, more than __________ U.S. middle and high school students used e-cigarettes in the past 30 days. (United Way 2020 Community Status Report)
A) (TURN RIGHT) 5.8 million
(According to middle school and high school students everyone else is doing it.)
B) (TURN LEFT) 6 million
(According to the United Way 2020 Community Status Report e-cigarettes have become very popular very quickly.)
5) Treatment centers for substance (alcohol and drug) abuse and addiction are located in:
A) (TURN RIGHT) Amarillo, Lubbock and Plainview
B) (TURN LEFT) Amarillo ONLY
C) (TURN RIGHT) Lubbock ONLY
*If you or someone you know needs assistance finding help for addiction call (806) 775-3841 or visit www.prcone.org
6) Which two substances combined are frequently involved in car cashes/ traffic collision?
A) (TURN RIGHT) Marijuana and Alcohol
(According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, marijuana and alcohol are the drugs most often found in the blood of drivers involved in car crashes.)
B) (TURN LEFT) Pills and Alcohol
(According to teens, pills and alcohol have no effect on driving.)
7) At what age are teenage girls that used marijuana 5 times more likely to face depression?
A) (TURN RIGHT) 32
(According to the American Heart Association, women age 32 will have health effects after using marijuana.)
B) (TURN LEFT) 21
(According to the Very Well Mind, teen girls are likely to face depression by the age of 21.)
8) What is used that is most effective to reverse the effects of a heroin or opioid overdose and prevent death?
A) (TURN RIGHT) Methadone
(According to SAMSHA- Methadone helps individuals achieve and sustain recovery and to reclaim active and meaningful lives.)
B) (TURN LEFT) Naloxone
(According to the National Institute of Drug Abuse- Naloxone is an opioid antagonist, meaning that it attaches to opioid receptors and reverses and blocks the effects of other opioids.)
9) How dangerous is getting e-cigarette liquid on your skin?
A) (TURN LEFT) It depends if you have thick skin or not
B) (TURN RIGHT) Very Dangerous
(Yes, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, children and adults have been poisoned by swallowing, breathing, or absorbing e-cigarette liquid through the skin or eyes.)
10) According to HubCityOutreachCenter.org, what services does this Amazing organization provide?
A) (TURN RIGHT) Substance Abuse Prevention Education
B) (TURN RIGHT) Youth Clothing Closet
C) (TURN RIGHT) Food Assistance
D) (TURN LEFT) All of the above, HCOC provides all three and much more. Our team has a strong desire in our hearts to reach out to at-risk youth with support, encouragement, prevention education, community resources and most of all, showing them the unconditional love, they deserve.
Resources (clickable links below):
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- National Institute of Drug Abuse
- American Heart Association
- United Way 2020 Community Status Report
- National Institute of Mental Health