Hub City Outreach Center is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization striving for wellness within individuals, families and communities. As such, we are honored to accept your pre-application as a potential board member for our wonderful organization and hope that you find all the information needed to make your decision. Please review the role description, expectations and complete the Pre-Application Questionnaire to be considered through the nomination process.
Our Board of Directors meet at least once a month, for a minimum of one hour, on a day chosen within the group. Occasionally, an Ad Hoc meeting will be called when an idea, opportunity or a need arises. There are now 9 member seats on the Board. Currently, there are seven seats open to work with our other two amazing Members. Robert's Rule of Order, Revised is how meetings are conducted. There is no compensation for our Board Members. We are searching for driven, insightful, resourceful, willing and able Board members for a 3-year term, to be our guiding light through the journey to brighter futures in our community.
- Follow and comply with all Board of Director’s ethics, policies, etc.
- Be informed about the organization’s mission, services, policies and programs.
- Remain informed about organizational matters and participate fully in the governance of the organization.
- Attend and participate in scheduled monthly board meetings.
8 out of the 12 monthly meetings required.
- Willingness to serve on board committees and conduct meetings, if applicable.
- Review agenda, minutes and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
- Participate in organization fundraising activities by attending special events and providing prospective donor contacts.
- Suggest possible nominees to the board who can make significant contributions to the work of the board and the organization as a whole.
- Communicate the benefits of agency programs to community members and stakeholders.
- To not participate in board deliberations when a conflict of interest exists.